Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost appears in window

Brian Topp

A local ghost story is getting new attention. Lu Ann Sicuro has lived in her Ravenna home for 20 years. She says she's experienced some strange and frightening paranormal activity.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5....e#ixzz2hSpxQNih

[Please note, I, the OP do not support these claims as legitimate evidence, I only post these articles and photos for conversational pieces.]

Edited by Saru
Reduced copied text
  • Like 2

i once was walking at night ona road near my house, looked at a window of a very nice hosue in the neighborhood, adn saw the face of a screaming woman backlit looking out from the attic. turns out the owners use a large doll it to mess with people.

not relevant to the subject here, but it seems like it could be a doll, a person jsut standing at the window with a candle, or as always, digitcal manipulation.

• Like 3

Samara strikes again

• Like 2

I think it's just Grumpy Cat.

post-142153-0-52650100-1381548844_thumb.

post-142153-0-16025300-1381548978_thumb.

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 5

oh boy, Elvira hasn't aged too well.....

is her ghost girl doing tours??

here's a pic from some random ghost-themed article from DAILY FAIL:

article-1160920-03D10519000005DC-54_634x286.jpg

my bet: "ghost app".....

• Like 1

Well the image of the giant EYE is not what was caught on camera. To insert a different picture than what the heading is trying to describe misleads the viewing audience.

What is it with ghosts and glass- mirrors, windows, doors? They also seem to enjoy being photographed. Always in the right place at the right time for their paparazzi moment.

Perfect house and owner for ghost/haunting, I'd have to say though.

you should go ghost hunting on cruise ships. A lot of people die (mosts guests are like 100 years old and even say they wanna die at sea, doesnt make my job easier). anyways I have heard a lot of weird things over the years and saw security footage that will probably never be released that would make the movie paranormal activity look like a disney movie. and trust me our security has better things to do than mess with the footage. sadly a lot of filipionos working there are very keen on getting that stuff deleted as they are super suspicious

What's with the vertical line pattern on the image? Makes it look like video shot of the image being shown on a CRT TV or monitor. Which wouldn't surprise me. Photos of the supposed paranormal regularly come after being through a digital mangling machine of resizing, resaving with low JPEG settings, being filmed off a TV or monitor, etc.

Ah well.

• Like 3

The person reporting it seems so unlikely to be fantasy prone or unstable.

It looks like a screamer from Silent Hill: Downpour.

250px-Screamer_render.png

I have to agree that this could be some kind of doll or mannequin head. I don't see anything that suggests this is a ghostly being.

What's with the vertical line pattern on the image? Makes it look like video shot of the image being shown on a CRT TV or monitor. Which wouldn't surprise me. Photos of the supposed paranormal regularly come after being through a digital mangling machine of resizing, resaving with low JPEG settings, being filmed off a TV or monitor, etc.

Ah well.

I know right, I have seen the same effect used to make it harder to detect digital manipulation on a few videos.

There are ghosts in her home for sure.

v48qaa.png

Edited by AsylumSpirit
  • Like 1

There are ghosts in her home for sure.

v48qaa.png

hahahhah, is that a still from the actual report??? that gives it away for me....well, this and that you can find the "ghost girl" face in at least 2 different recent "ghost pictures" cirulating here and everywhere......

hahahhah, is that a still from the actual report??? that gives it away for me....well, this and that you can find the "ghost girl" face in at least 2 different recent "ghost pictures" cirulating here and everywhere......

Yeah its in the footage.

• Like 1

There has been some interesting experimentation going on with human reactions to infrasound, or low frequency sound at or below the threshold of human hearing. Some of the reactions included anxiety, uneasiness, sorrow, nervous feelings of revulsion or fear, and chills down the spine. Additionally, at about 18-19 hertz, the resonant frequency of the skull/eye, visual aberrations can occur. The physical dimensions of the room or setting can establish the environment for this reaction to occur. So, disregarding some of photos, there is actually some science that supports the notion that "perceptions" of individuals at certain locations and times can produce reactions that appear to mimic those of a "haunting."

• Like 1

There has been some interesting experimentation going on with human reactions to infrasound, or low frequency sound at or below the threshold of human hearing. Some of the reactions included anxiety, uneasiness, sorrow, nervous feelings of revulsion or fear, and chills down the spine. Additionally, at about 18-19 hertz, the resonant frequency of the skull/eye, visual aberrations can occur. The physical dimensions of the room or setting can establish the environment for this reaction to occur. So, disregarding some of photos, there is actually some science that supports the notion that "perceptions" of individuals at certain locations and times can produce reactions that appear to mimic those of a "haunting."

That is true. I cannot remember where I saw it but (I'll have to look now) but people randomly subjected to infrasound identified the places where it happened as creepy and unsettling.

I was gonna say nutjob till I heard that "paranormal experts" had confirmed her claim.

• Like 3

That is true. I cannot remember where I saw it but (I'll have to look now) but people randomly subjected to infrasound identified the places where it happened as creepy and unsettling.

This was debunked on the "Haunted Hum" episode of Mythbusters.

It was disappointing because it does make sense. Everyone was surprised that it had no effect.

• Like 1