Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

13 most common fears :P

spartan max2

13 most common fears according to this study.(note the study was done of only U.K people so that may have an effect who knows, those weirdo's may act different lol)

http://www.spring.or...sal-phobias.php

phobias131.jpg

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

my top 3 are

1. losing my mojo

2. muslims

3. losing someone i love

Heights = my #1 fear followed closely by bees/wasps/creepy crawlies that can hurt you.

But my biggest (rational)fears with those aside are losing my loved ones and loss of control.

My mailbox.

• Like 1

Heights, though its more of an uncomfortable feeling rather than fear. People always jab at me for this, being 6 foot 4.

oh, the poor humble snake. and the poor spider! spider's are so often so beneficial to humans, and we still end up being terrified of them.

i know, i know. fears are irrational. i've got plenty of irrational fears of my own, though none of the ones on this list.

• Like 3

No contest... Fundamentalists are the scariest thing around for me.

i'm afraid of clowns. i'm surprised the number is so low for them on this list because everyone i know is afraid or creeped out by them too

• Like 1

My greatest fear isn't on the list..

falling... head-first, down a narrow well...

*cold shivers*

i'm afraid of clowns. i'm surprised the number is so low for them on this list because everyone i know is afraid or creeped out by them too

Clowns are creepy and should be banned, but they don't frighten me; just babies -- and that is why they should be banned.

Loosing the tin opener.

Having to see the wife first thing in the morning.

Prostate examinations.

Forgeting anniversary/birthday.

Having to be a passenger to my wife or daughters driving.

Erectile dysfunction.

Pins and needles in my left arm.

Angry geese

Flashing blue lights....but on a serious note my biggest fear is knowing im not always going to be around for my family

• Like 1

Spiders and centipedes and scorpions are scary -- they can do painful things if they get you.

I've learned to watch whenever a doctor or nurse goes to stick a needle in me. Oddly then it doesn't hurt and the nurse or doctor seems to appreciate it.

Spiders and centipedes and scorpions are scary -- they can do painful things if they get you.

is that a reason to fear them though?

be wary not scary lol hey i just made that up - go easy on me

If you and they inhabit the same residence, it's best to correct the situation as soon as you can.

• Like 1

If you and they inhabit the same residence, it's best to correct the situation as soon as you can.

i agree, but no screaming like a girl about it is all i'm sayin.

black widows and brown recluse spiders are very common where i live. both of them are 'dangerous' but in reality i'm not likely to be bitten by either.

black widows stay in their webs, so keep your living area swept well. brown recluse are, well, reclusive. so you shake out your boots and you don't stick your hand in dark places without checking.

no need to fear.

• Like 1

We have a type of centipede here in Vietnam ("con rit") that grows and grows (they've been known to be several feet long) that eats ants and doesn't hide but charges right after you and can easily put you in hospital (there have even been deaths) and is really painful.

The best thing is to not attract them by not having ants about, but that's hard. I remember being in a garage where there were several mechanics in a pit under a car when someone shouted "con rit." They practically tipped the car over getting outta there.

• Like 1

We have a type of centipede here in Vietnam ("con rit") that grows and grows (they've been known to be several feet long) that eats ants and doesn't hide but charges right after you and can easily put you in hospital (there have even been deaths) and is really painful.

The best thing is to not attract them by not having ants about, but that's hard. I remember being in a garage where there were several mechanics in a pit under a car when someone shouted "con rit." They practically tipped the car over getting outta there.

ok a several foot long centipede is scary i admit Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1

I don't go sticking my hand in dark places where I can't see no matter what.

• Like 1

I don't think they get quite that big. I said several, not seven. Dunno though what one might encounter in the jungle.

• Like 1

I don't think they get quite that big. I said several, not seven. Dunno though what one might encounter in the jungle.

my head was thinking several and my hands typed seven. i already corrected it lol
  • Like 1

I'm scared of spiders and mashed potatoes.

lol, excellent...finally a 'rational' fear