Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The mystery of the Dropa people

Mr Slayer

The story is too long to post, but doesn´t take that long to read though (two parts) because it's very interesting, hoax or not.

It find it absolutely amazing. But yet, at the same time, a little too amazing. Epecially regarding the translation part. disgust.gif

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa060198.htm

What do people think?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crystal sage

• The_Spartan

• Mr Slayer

• DieChecker

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No doubt this won't stop many pages of discussion. But it's 100% hoax.

If memory serves, some people mentioned here some time back that the stones are fake. Perform a search on the subject and you should get a goodnumber of threads on this.

The story is too long to post, but doesn´t take that long to read though (two parts) because it's very interesting, hoax or not.

It find it absolutely amazing. But yet, at the same time, a little too amazing. Epecially regarding the translation part.  disgust.gif

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa060198.htm

What do people think?

621547[/snapback]

i agree,

i think a lot of the translation depends on the translator

"When he had completed the translation as much as he could, the professor sat back in his chair in disbelief. The story the Dropa related was nothing short of astounding. How would his colleagues react? How might the world react if this story was true? The professor wrote up a paper on his findings and presented it to the university for publication. Their reaction was swift and emphatic: the paper would not be published. The Academy of Prehistory expressly forbade him to publish or even speak of his findings. The world, the academy decided, should not know about the Dropa and their fateful journey to Earth."

probably because nobody had looked at the translation other than him. findings need to be checked. Has anyone else translated the dropa stones, apart from Z.S. or E.V.D. They don't count

Hrrmmph. Yeah, it was a little to wonderful to believe...

What I would be happy about is some kind of a webpage that lists all known and suspected hoaxes. Everything from pictures to documents and legends.... disgust.gif

As far as I know the Dropa Stones have been neither proven nor disproven as genuine artifacts to date..However; being associated with Erich von Danikens' work has led them to be covered in a shroud of severe doubt..And rightly so; everything about Von Daniken is sketchy at best..

I suppose someone out there may have heard of a more recent conclusive end to this, though..

I heard of a ship crashing and was the first ever to be recorded in history..

What i don't get, is that those stones couldnt have been made until the Dropa landed, and managed to intergrate with the Han.

So either that writing was Han or Dropa.

How did we understand it.. and how come none of the people associated with it can be traced doing anything else?

What i don't get, is that those stones couldnt have been made until the Dropa landed, and managed to intergrate with the Han.

How did we understand it.. and how come none of the people associated with it can be traced doing anything else?

622770[/snapback]

cerberus, have you read the discussion between my question and the last entry? wink2.gif

About the hoax?

622770[/snapback]

cerberus, have you read the discussion between my question and the last entry? wink2.gif

About the hoax?

622789[/snapback]

just for you cerberus from essans link which you must have missed

"Hi Charles,

Thanks for your interesting e-mail. Unfortunately, the so-called Dropa Stones are some sort of hoax that simply refuses to die. There are no Chinese archaeologists named Chi Pu Tei or Tsum Um Nui, and none of the other "details" in these various Dropa stories add up. As far as I can tell, the story first came to light through the energies of Erich von Daniken, the Swiss fellow who made a fortune concocting all sorts of fantasies about ancient astronauts visiting Earth. It is all BS: there are many carved jade and other stone rings (most commonly called "bi disks") from prehistoric cultures in China, particularly from the time period of ca. 5000-2500 BC, and these are well documented in the archaeological literature. None have writing, and while their exact meaning is still being debated, there is no need -- and certainly NO evidence-- to resort to anything extraterrestrial or supernatural. Instead of fostering further publicity for the so-called Dropa Stones and other such nonsense, I would urge you to guide your students instead to the many genuine archaeological problems that face us today in our research.

You might also want to discuss with your students the prevalence of what we call "Fantastic Archaeology" - that is, resorting to extraterrestrial or supernatural explanations to explain selected artifacts or sites. The various Von Daniken books are fun to read as long as one realizes how thoroughly they can be picked apart. His volumes are part of a long tradition of pseudo-science dating back hundreds of years in the US. You can find interesting details in volumes such as Stephen Williams, Fantastic Archaeology: The Wild Side of North American Prehistory (Philadelphia: U Penn Press, 1991), and Kenneth L. Feder's Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries: Science and Pseudoscience in Archaeology (Boston: McGraw-Hill Mayfield, 2002).

Yrs,

Bob Murowchick

Research Associate Professor of Archaeology and Anthropology

Director

International Center for East Asian Archaeology and Cultural History (ICEAACH)

Boston University

650 Beacon Street, 5th Floor

Boston, Massachusetts 02215 USA"

ok

is this thread dead now then or what ?

w00t.gifw00t.gif

Thanks, mate.. I have just read it.

So, it's a hoax. Damn!

They are jokers aren't they! w00t.gifdisgust.gif

Edited by cerberus

Thanks, mate.. I have just read it.

So, it's a hoax. Damn!

They are jokers aren't they!  w00t.gif  disgust.gif

622926[/snapback]

I don't know if i'd describe the dropa bs as humour

Daniken doesn't have a sense of humour as far as i know

yet he always seems to make people laugh

must be an obscure form of self parody huh

w00t.gifw00t.gif

As a poster of this thread, I say: let's drop it, shall we? gunsmilie.gif

623678[/snapback]

Okay. Consider it Dropa'd.

w00t.gif

Dropas are real, i read about them... they were a small civilization and they were extremely short.. about 3'5-3'10 or something.. it is very interesting.. good man to bring this up.. i totally forgot about them though haha..

Dropas are real, i read about them... they were a small civilization and they were extremely short.. about 3'5-3'10 or something.. it is very interesting.. good man to bring this up.. i totally forgot about them though haha..

• 2 years later...

...anyone know how to post a photo???

A team of archeologists, led by Professor Chi Pu Tei of Beijing University, was conducting a very detailed routine survey of a series of caves of Balan Kara-Ula where they discovered very frail skeletons with large heads. They called themselves the Dropas.

The Dropa skeleton

http://www.geocities.com/nmdecke/MysteriousWorld.html

A team of archeologists, led by Professor Chi Pu Tei of Beijing University, was conducting a very detailed routine survey of a series of caves of Balan Kara-Ula where they discovered very frail skeletons with large heads. They called themselves the Dropas.

The Dropa skeleton

http://www.geocities.com/nmdecke/MysteriousWorld.html

crytal sage..who called themselves the Dropas? The Skeletons?

here is a photograph of a dropa skeleton..looks absolutely fake to me...(did this skeleton call itself a dropa..muahahahah)

7. The Dropa Tribe. While reported to be a tribe of feeble dwarfs, in actuality the Dropas are nomadic herders who inhabit most of the northern Tibetan Plateau. The Ham are also inhabitants of Tibet, and traditionally have supplied Tibet's warriors: many of the 13th Dalai Lama's bodyguards during his escape from the Chinese invasion were Ham Tibetans. The word "Dropa", according to Creighton, describes the nomadic residents of Tibetan highlands, and can be roughly translated as "solitude" or "isolated". Furthermore, Creighton described the Dropa as bearing no resemblance to "troglodytes", or as stunted; on the contrary, they tend to be rather large and sturdy, befitting their occupation as herders. (Richie, 95-96)
courtesy - wikipedia.org

post-32237-1190096833_thumb.jpg

Edited by coredrill

What I do is do a right click on the photo you want to link to. Then click on Properties at the bottom of the list. Copy the URL address. Then click the picture link icon next to the quote icon in your post window. If you hover your cursor over it, it says Insert Image. Paste the URL from the Properties of the pic into the link bar and hit enter and you are done. :tu:

linked-image

I thought all the Dropa stuff had been long proven to be a hoax. Supposedly the professors who found the Dropa skeletons and the Stones never existed. They were made up names. The real Dropa people look just like regular Tibetans.

Saw some photos of some of the alleged Dropas on one of Hartwig Hausdorf's who speaks of Chinese pyramid sites... they were old photos or real tiny people who were said to have been decendants of these...

http://ufologie.net/htm/drophart.htm

http://www.burlingtonnews.net/dropas.html

linked-image

http://72.14.253.104/search?sourceid=navcl....de%2Fdropa.htm

Yay... I did it!!!.. but tried so many times I don't know which bit worked!!! :Dlinked-image

Edited by crystal sage