Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discussion Forum FAQ

Saru

Discussion Forum Frequently Asked Questions

----------------------------------------------------------

Q. Why do I need to register ?

Most of the board features are not available to unregistered "Guest" users. Registering a username is free, and allows you to do the following :

- Start new forum topics.

- Reply to existing forum topics.

- Send & receive private messages.

- See which topics have been updated.

- Access member-only boards.

- Start new forum polls.

- Send & receive notifications.

- Enter events on the Calendar.

- Modify and remove your own posts.

- Set up your own member profile.

- Use the file attachments feature.

To register, all you need to do is enter a username, E-Mail address and a password. You can chose to hide your E-Mail address from other users, if you would prefer to remain anonymous.

To register click Here.

Q. How do I post a new topic ?

To post a new topic, enter the board you'd like to post in, and click the "Start new topic" option in the upper right hand side of the board index.

Q. How do I reply to an existing topic ?

To reply to someone, click the "reply" option at the bottom right hand side of the topic in question.

Q. How do I add smilies to my posts ?

To add a smilie, click on one of the smilies that appear above the text area. A symbol will appear in your post, that represents where the smilie will appear once you've finished the post.

Q. How do I modify my post ?

To modify one of your own posts, bring up the post in question, and select the "modify" option. This will let you alter your post and resubmit it.

Q. How do I use the Instant Messanger ?

The Instant Messanger allows you to send and receive private messages to and from other members. You can send an Instant Message to someone by clicking on the Insant Message icon on their profile in a post, or by opening their profile screen selecting "Send this user an instant message".

The Instant Messaging screen can be accessed by clicking on the text in the upper right hand corner of the forum where it says "you have xx messages". The inbox displays messages you've received. You can chose to view, delete or reply to Instant messages you have already received from here.

Q. How do I use tags to spruce up my posts ?

There is a help section with details on how to use YaBBC tags in your posts, that can be accessed by clicking Here, or via the Help option along the top of the screen.

Q. How do I start a new poll ?

You can start a new poll in the same way as starting a new topic, enter the board you wish to post a poll on, and click "Create poll" in the upper right.

Q. I have a question but it's not covered here !

If you are have a question that isn't covered ask, visit the "Web Site News, Updates and Support" board and post your query there. Alternatively you can ask your question via E-Mail : webmaster@unexplained-mysteries.com

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic