Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

News release from the BFRO!

keninsc

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett and the Cast of Animal Planet’s “Finding Bigfoot” to Proclaim Official Knox County Bigfoot Day.

WHEN: Friday, November 16 2012. 5:00pm – 7:00pm

WHERE: Powell Auction House. 6729 Pleasant Ridge Road, Knoxville TN

Join Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett and the cast of the hit Animal Planet television program “Finding Bigfoot” as they ring in the proclamation of the official Knox County Bigfoot Day!

After a brief ceremony, the cast of “Finding Bigfoot”; Matt Moneymaker, James “Bobo” Fey, Cliff Barakman and Ranae Holland; will make themselves available for autographs and pictures.

The event is free and open to the public! There will be a marching band, a bounce house and face painting! Concessions will be available for a nominal fee.

CONTACT INFORMATION

Questions for the Knox County Mayor’s office should be directed to Michael Grider: Ph# 865.215.4750 Email:

Michael.grider@knoxcounty.org

Bossburg

At least they finally seem to be admitting it is entertainment value, and not really an imaginary hunt for an imaginary ape.

I wonder if they will have Jacobs Burgers with Yeti fries and that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Yeah, he ain't called Matt Moneymaker for nothing.

:w00t:

Do you mean Matt MoneyTaker? :yes:

"I do think there's cashsquatch in those pockets"

Edited by evancj
  • Like 1

:lol::clap::tsu::nw:

If the food's free, I'm going.

• Like 1

Concessions will be available for a nominal fee

Come now, you didn't think it was going to be free, did you?

Come now, you didn't think it was going to be free, did you?

No free sausage sizzle?

That's me out of the picture.

This is not a new concept. "Bigfoot Days" has been celebrated in Willow Creek, California since 1960 after big foot prints were found and cast in the area by Jerry Crew in 1958 and Ivan Sanderson publicised the mystery of Bigfoot in True Story magazine in 1959.

Willow Creek Chamber of Commerce: http://www.willowcre...gfoot-days.html

bigfootdays.jpg

http://www.seecalifo...s-festival.html

"Somewhere in the wilds of California there is a gigantic creature which walks on its hind legs, leaves huge human tracks, and is scaring the hell out of everyone. What is it? Nobody knows -- yet."

http://www.bigfooten...es/true1959.htm

It matters not that Jerry Crew was hoaxed by Ray Wallace and his brothers and Sanderson was a sensational opportunist. Although Bigfoot is bigger today (seen all round the country and the feature of films and TV and internet media) it just goes to show that in 50 years little has changed. The legend of Bigfoot will out-live us all as we watch history repeat itself again and again and again...

I guess the Roswellians aren't the only ones trying to cash in on a myth.

There's much more to it than cash.

Such events bring people together to celebrate the uniqueness of their area, their stories, their home. These are important communal rituals. It's all in good fun whilst at the same time being so much more.

Perhaps Bigfoot can be good for both the heart and wallet...

C'mon Matt, the least you could do is make the food free.

I mean, I know your last name is Moneymaker, but come on man.

Come on.

• Like 1